Job opening at UGAMI: Research Technician II
Research Technician II
Target Audience(s): Technician/Staff
Institution: University of Georgia Marine Institute
Institutional Web Link: http://ugami.uga.edu
Position Description: This position is based at the UGA Marine Institute on Sapelo Island, GA. The selected individual will serve as a field technician for the Georgia Coastal Ecosystems Long Term Ecological Research Program (gce-lter.marsci.uga.edu/lter/) and will work with other technicians in residence at the Marine Institute.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree and some relevant experience required.
Area-specific certification may be required and training will be provided as appropriate (i.e. UGA HazMat training).
- B.S. in an Environmental Science (Biology, Chemistry, Geology),
- US Coast Guard Captains license,
- First aid certification
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification required:
- Field research experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Small boat piloting experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies required to successfully perform work:
- Must be able to operate trucks and small boats safely and effectively.
- Must have basic computer skills, including experience with email, work-processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Must have good people skills and be able to work as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The position will occasionally require strenuous physical activity and irregular hours. Much of the work is done outdoors in hot, muddy, and buggy conditions.
Work Hours: Generally, 8:30 – 5:00 M – F; although field work may require early or late hours and occasional weekends.
Posting Date: 11-22-2016
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Proposed Starting Date: 12-01-2016
Salary Range: $23,500 (negotiable)
Position Type: Permanent Position
Funding Source(s): National Science Foundation (NSF)
How to Apply: Position can be found on the University of Georgia employment page
Application Closing Date: Until position is filled.